by Nina Baldwin

cloud catcher*dream maker*artist

"Art touches the soul...art is communication...it reaches out from the canvas and passes through the eyes of the viewer right into his heart where it can leave an imprint of beauty that can make the spirit sing."
Nina Baldwin ...

Welcome to Artscapes!

Friday, April 11, 2014

"...a CORRESPONDING VIBRATION IN THE HUMAN SOUL..." ...very cool!

WOW!! This is too beautiful to ignore...I haven't read this quote in a long time...but it touched my heart today and I thought I must share it with you here...take a moment and enjoy...let it speak to your heart!!...

This is the first in a series of quotes taken from Wassily Kandinsky's writings (which seem to be quite prolific!) speaking of color and its relationship to the soul. I will also be touching on his thoughts on abstract art in future postings.

"Generally speaking, colour is a power which directly influences the
soul. Colour is the keyboard, the eyes are the hammers, the soul is the
piano with many strings. The artist is the hand which plays, touching one
key or another, to cause vibrations in the soul.
IT IS EVIDENT THEREFORE THAT COLOUR HARMONY MUST REST ONLY ON A CORRESPONDING VIBRATION IN THE HUMAN SOUL; AND THIS IS ONE OF THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF THE INNER NEED."
...Part II, About Painting, The Psychological Working of Color, by Wassily Kandinsky

1 comment:

  1. I love Kandinsky! I have one of his books - one of my first collectors gave it to me and I cherish it!

    ReplyDelete