by Nina Baldwin

cloud catcher*dream maker*artist

"Art touches the soul...art is communication...it reaches out from the canvas and passes through the eyes of the viewer right into his heart where it can leave an imprint of beauty that can make the spirit sing."
Nina Baldwin ...

Welcome to Artscapes!

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

ART ON A WIRE …from my "Women Gathering" series...


By Nina Baldwin


 

I have been making earrings lately…I find it very peaceful working on these little original paintings…yes, they are originals, handpainted individually by me…and part of my “Women Gathering” series.

They are not perfect…infact, I make them that way on purpose…cut is mostly assymetrical…I like it that way!... guess that’s the abstract in me!...or at least not exactly matching…only machines punch perfect little shapes!!…

Usually I use the same colors in both earrings in a pair, but don’t be surprised if I use other colors…the backsides of the earrings are painted as well, usually in a new and different color/pattern, so if you know a little about jump rings, you have another pair of earrings on the backside!  I paint layers and layers of professional quality acrylic paints, mediums and varnishes on each side of the fine art paper I use for the earrings.  This gives them resiliency, yet they are still somewhat flexible.  Metallic paints highlight some pairs. And the first thing most people mention when they see them is how lightweight they are!

I have had fun making these!  I sell a small selection in a sweet little cafe on 4th St. in Albuquerque…and I will be including them on my new website as well…bohemian, tribal, funky…they’re just fun!!  …let me know what you think of them!...

2 comments:

  1. Nina, these are lovely!!! i really enjoy the pair you gave me for my BD! luv, L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lavon! Those were a favorite pair! glad you like them!!

    ReplyDelete